After sleeping 11 hours the other night, last night Halle slept unswaddled, but only for 2-3 hours and then I was up at 1 with her. After being up for an hour and half (during which I fell asleep sitting up nursing her on the couch) she only slept 4 more hours and she has been GROUCHY today with small rays of sunshine and smiles poking through the clouds here and there.
I am exhausted, the house is a MESS, and just when I thought she was out and I could lay her down, there were those gorgeous eyes, wide awake, staring up at me like, "Surprise Mommy! I'm awake!"
So we are cuddling and I am enjoying it, even through the exhaustion. I'm just trying to understand what the deal is, although there may really be nothing to understand. I do think we may be getting to the hard part of the teething... I have friends who had babies after I had Halle and they are cutting teeth now, so that's really all I can think.
Oh well. I will sleep when I can and hopefully I'll make it to the grocery store for groceries tomorrow since I didn't today.
I have a very urgent prayer request. Please pray for my Sted-Dad's Mom... Her name is Joyce and just last night she found out she has colon cancer. Tomorrow she's having surgery and we don't know how bad it is yet.
Thanks ya'll.
Aww, will pray for your Step Dads mom, that's awful.
ReplyDeleteMiss Halle will get the hang of the sleeping thing soon. I always blamed teething on Q's weird sleep habits, but unfortunately he didn't his first two bottoms until he was 10 months old, and hasn't gotten anymore since! Hopefully she'll get hers over and done with sooner rather than later. I don't know if it will be better or worse that Q's so much older now...
I'll be praying for Joyce!
ReplyDeleteBabies are funny that way. You think you have a good rhythm going with them, then they up and change it on you. I hope you can get some sleep soon!
praying for her!
ReplyDeletei feel ya! i'm in the stages of bottle breaking!! i'm super late on it..lol!! kinda a year! oops!! i think i got 4 hours sleep! it's getting better though!
lauren is right babies are funny! i remember kennedy sleeping for like 3 nights straight and then the next night waking up every hour! just get some rest while she's resting the house, groceries and everything else will be there when you wake up!! mommy needs her rest!