Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lazy Lazy

Halle slept 11 hours STRAIGHT last night!

She went down at 8:30 and didn't wake up until 7:30 this morning. I, however, was up every hour on the hour checking on her after about 4:00. When she woke up I went and put her in the bed with me to feed her because I felt like I'd topple over my bosom's were so full!

So we laid in the bed and watched cartoons for a while and took a short nap. Then we started our day of doing nothing! We just played and cuddled. It was a "Mommy & Halle Lazy Day". I figured it would be ok since I was running around trying to get so much done yesterday... she had been fussy and I think it's because I hadn't had much time to play with her with all the laundry and dishes and just plain mess-cleaning I had to do.

I didn't even have to make dinner tonight! When Hal came home I got a shower and got to wash my hair~ YAY! I always tell him taking a nice hot shower is like a vacation for me... I only get one once in a while... usually my showers now are of the jump-in/jump-out sort. Then we went to eat some Japanese. I actually got to have some sushi tonight for the first time in over a year! It was very good :)

We were with one of Hal's bosses and his family. He has a little girl named Hallie as well (but obviously spelled with an I instead of just an E). She's 3 and her 4 year old cousin was with them. They were a hoot! First, they told me Halle looked like a "mom". And at one point in our "discussion" Halle was getting fussy so they asked me if she needed her bottle. I told them she didn't have bottles. So they asked where her sippy cup was (because, DUH, if a baby doesn't drink out of a bottle, she MUST drink out of a sippy cup! lol). When I told them she didn't have a sippy cup either, the next question was, "Well how does she eat?"

Um... next question please! :D

They were so very cute. Their parents were telling us how in a couple years we will become the dumbest people around (because, DUH, 3 year olds know everything! lol)

Oh, here's what Halle was wearing tonight... I guess the girls thought she looked like a "mom" because of her little sweater? lol... who knows??



Gotta run... got some coupon cutting to do and then I'm headed to bed. Lady Doctor tomorrow :-/




P.S. Thank you for all the great Mommy advice on baby food! :)

4 comments:

  1. 11 hours?! LUCKY! Aaron's longest stretch to date (at nearly 14 months old) is 9 hours. It sounds like he needs to have a good talk with lil'miss Halle to get some good tips and pointers. :D And I'm glad you were able to get a nice shower, those are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Halle is letting you get some sleep, although that restless "is she ok" feeling will keep you up sometimes. =)

    Don't you just love those questions? Little kids are so funny. I never had to tell anyone that Evan was breastfed, because Nati always beat me to it! "Evan drinks milk from Momma's BOOBS!!" Thanks a bunch, big girl. I'm sure the cashier at Winn Dixie really needed to know that. lol

    We gotta get back together soon! I'm going to call you and we'll plan something. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so adorable, I just love her little outfit. And woohoo for sleeping 11 hours! Lazy days are the best, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg...how awesome is that!! i'm sooo happy she is sleeping great!!
    she is getting soooo big!! LOVE her outfit!!

    ReplyDelete