Friday, January 22, 2010

Halle is 4 Months!



(and 1 week... yes I am behind!)

Halle~

You are 4 months (and 1 week today). Mommy's been slacking lately but I promise to do better. The good news is at least I took your picture on the 15th! :) You are 12 lbs 3 oz (12th %) and 24 inches long (40th %). Your doctor is very pleased with your development and demeanor and gave you an A!


The other good news is that you got over that nasty cold you had at the beginning of December in time for your first Christmas. Everyone asked me what to get you and I told them books and movies. So you got some bedtime stories and Sleeping Beauty and Snow White along with books from Mommy and Daddy called "God Gave Us You" and "You Are My Wish Come True". We also got you some teethers and your very first baby doll. :) You are so sweet with her. We say you are "loving" on her and "giving her kisses" when in reality you're really just gnawing on whatever you can get your hands on. Most times you chew on her hair ;)




We watched fireworks on New Years Eve and you were so engrossed in them. You just stared up at the sky in amazement.

On New Years Day you met your second cousin, Kailyn, for the first time! She was born 6 days before you.

These days you are purposefully grabbing at things and putting them in your mouth.

You are still rolling from your belly to your back and trying SO HARD to turn from your back to your belly but you just haven't been able to do it yet. I suspect by this time next month you will have figured it out.

You are a very vocal little girl, always making some kind of noise whether its laughing, cooing, mimicking what we say, grunting, or squealing. You even had your first belly laugh this month! (Video to follow.) Sometimes it even sounds like you say mamamamama... But I won't get my hopes up on that one just yet.

You started pulling your socks off your feet and kicking like a madwoman in your bouncie! You love your feet and you love being outside. Sometimes when you get fussy I take you outside and we sit on the swing for a while and you calm right down.

You are a Mama's girl from head to toe and I love it :)
You cut a rug and did "The Twist" with Daddy at Jenny & Jeremy's wedding on January 9th. Everyone was taking pictures of you!


You slept through the night for the first time (and only time so far) on January 11th. We started you on rice cereal the next day and boy is that a mess! You really cannot make up your mind whether you like it or not so I have to trick you into opening your mouth for it.


At your 4 month checkup your Doctor said I can start you on applesauce whenever I like but I'm not sure about that yet. You got more shots and did very well! You started to whimper but didn't cry! No tears from my girl!

That afternoon you took a 2 1/2 hour nap which is unheard of for you so I knew you weren't feeling well. You had a slight fever that night of 100.5 so after some Tylenol you slept for about 6 1/2 hours and then 5 more hours! You woke up smiling so I knew you were feeling better :)

Moving on to the next month... I can't wait to see what you're going to do next!

Keep growing and stay healthy my sweet girl but don't grow up too fast.

I love you more than you'll ever know.

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. I was going to write which picture was my favorite but honestly, I couldn't decided because she is soooooo super sweet and adorable. Happy 4 months Halle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious, Jenn, she's a DOLL. I know I say that all the time but seriously she's the cutest little girl. Well, until I have my own anyway (heehee)! Loved her update, she's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete