It is not lost on me that today is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day. I have had so many ladies on my mind today... mostly ones that are still struggling and missing their babies and still have empty arms. I doubt any of them are still reading because I know how hard it can be. There were several blogs of ladies that had gotten pregnant that, before finally conceiving Halle, I had to stop reading because it was hard to read about someone's baby and how happy they were when I was still struggling and still so sad. It didn't mean I wasn't happy for them, it was just hard. So I understand. But just in case any happen to still pop in from time to time, I want them to know that while I am thinking of my Babies in Heaven today, I am thinking of them, and praying they too get to hold their miracle in their arms very soon.
October 15, 2009
My Precious Girl,
You are 1 month old today! It’s just after 6:00 pm and I am just now able to sit down and type this letter for you! Your Daddy is home now and you’ve just eaten so you are laying on the couch with him having some quality Daddy/Halle time. You keep me busy little one!
It is so hard to believe it’s been a month already since you were born! It feels like just yesterday and I suspect when you are 1 year old, and 5 years old, and 15 years old it will still feel like yesterday my baby girl was laid on my chest one very special night. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves! I want you to stay my baby forever!
We went to the doctor yesterday for a checkup on your neck and the doctor said it looks great! You are moving it all around and while the left side is still a little tight, she said Mommy & Daddy get a A+ for stretching it out and working on it with you and as of right now she doesn’t think you will need physical therapy. They also weighed you and you were 7 lbs 13 oz. So you’re up 9 oz from our last visit 2 weeks ago and up 1 lb 8 oz since leaving the hospital. It’s no wonder, you eat all the time! We ran out of some newborn size diapers the other day so I tried some size 1’s on you… it was like the diaper swallowed you up! You’ll be in the newborns for another month or so I’d say if I had to guess.
Your belly button umbilical cord fell off on Saturday October 3rd so we were finally able to give you a real bath! You love the water, especially when it’s running on you but you hate getting your hair washed. The other night after your bath your Daddy and I were drying you off and putting some lotion on you before putting you in your pj’s when all of a sudden you let out this shrill scream! Then we realized you had a handful of your own hair and you were pulling it and making yourself scream. I tried to loosen your grip but you were holding on for dear life. We couldn’t help but laugh!
You are becoming more and more vocal and I think you love the sound of your voice. I do too J When I change your diaper I talk to you and blow on your belly and I usually manage to get a smile out of you. You have also started rolling yourself over on your side already! Oh yes, and you love riding in the car! You love your bouncie seat too and I think the reason is the vibration. When we were out and about yesterday you slept the entire time pretty much, and I think that’s because most of our time was spent in the car.
This weekend we are taking you to the pumpkin patch for the first time and Mommy’s going to have her Punkin’s picture taken with the pumpkins! I can’t wait to put you in the onesie I have for you that says “Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch” because you are BY FAR the cutest Pumpkin in the patch if I do say so myself! Although, everywhere we go everyone comments on how precious and adorable you are.
Keep growing and stay healthy my sweet girl but don’t get too big too fast!
I love you!
Love, Mommy
she's sooo cute!!!
ReplyDelete