2 Weeks
9-29-09
Sweet Girl,
9-29-09
Sweet Girl,
You are 2 weeks old today! You already look so different than you did that night they laid you on my chest. You are healthy and growing, which I am thankful for, but I want you to stay my baby! You amaze me every day. Although I know at this age your smiles usually are a result of gas or dreams in baby Lala-Land, I still cherish every one. You are a good pooper, and a good eater, and SOMETIMES a good sleeper. We love to listen to your sweet little sighs and whimpers while you sleep. You rarely spit up, you play with your hair, and you have a cowlick in the back. Sometimes you even manage to find your thumb and suck on it for a while. The last 2 nights you’ve been giving Mommy a run for her money. As a matter of fact, you are sleeping in Daddy’s arms right now and Mommy is supposed to be taking a nap and gearing up for tonight but I just had to write your letter first. You have your 2 week checkup tomorrow. Your first visit was last Monday, the 21st, and you had gained 6 oz! You were born at 7lbs 3.6 oz and were 6 lbs 5 oz when we left the hospital. So 3 days later and you were already up 6 oz… I was so proud! We are hoping at tomorrow’s appointment you are back up to your birth weight. One of the things you are doing already that amazes us is how strong your little neck is! You are holding your head up like such a big girl already! Oh yes, and you are developing QUITE the little attitude ;0). You grunt and make faces and we are pretty sure you are going to like me and talk in your sleep. And maybe even snore like your Daddy! You sneeze like him, you know… I always joke with him because he sneezes about 5 times in a row instead of the usual 1 or 2 like normal people… Every time you sneeze we count and usually you have about 4 in you at a time. He says “That’s my girl!” Well you are waking up my sweet girl. So much for my nap! We love you so much precious baby.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment