Monday, March 15, 2010

Halle is 6 Months!!


My Love~

How is it possible that you were born a half a year ago already!?!? They say time flies when you're having fun. And girlie, since you came along my life has been 100% more fun, meaningful, satisfying, gratifying, FULL... Full of love and joy like never before.

This morning you and I had some errands to run before your doctors appointment and one of them was to go to Target at the Town Center. While we were there I grabbed a snack wrap and we sat in the snack area for a bit. I remembered that 6 months ago exactly I was in the same place, sitting at the same table, and you were still in my belly. Little did I know you would be born 12 hours from then! It was a sweet memory, but what was even sweeter was having you with me, smiling back at me while I was remembering!

So let's get down to the nitty gritty.

You are now 13 lbs 15 oz (the 12th percentile) and 24 3/4 inches long (25th percentile). You are petite but you are growing strong and steady. This month you officially moved into size 2 diapers. Your little cheeks and thighs are getting so chubby! You aren't pulling yourself to a sitting position yet but you are so proud to show everyone how you can stay sitting up all by yourself when we sit you up. You STILL love the Jungle Bouncie and you STILL are not turning from your back to your belly you stubborn little thing! I think you can do it, you just don't want to, and doggone it, you're not going to do it until you are good and ready :)

When I was pregnant with you I said you were getting your ears pierced as soon as possible. Well, seeing the pain you went through with your shots, I couldn't bear to put you through extra pain knowing it wasn't necessary for your health. However, your pediatrician recommended that IF we were going to get your ears pierced, to have them done before you were 6 months. So, after much though and procrastination, we bit the bullet and had your ears pierced on February 24th. We met your Daddy at Teenie's in Callahan after he got off work. Dana and Shelley pierced them at the same time while I sat in the chair with you in my lap while your Daddy took pictures. I had one arm around you holding down your arms, one hand holding your head back against my chest, and my eyes were shut tight waiting for that POP!

You screamed so loud!

So I held you tight and comforted you and then you were fine and fell asleep in the car on the ride home.

Your earrings are so pretty and they're doing really well. We started turning them the very next day and it didn't bother you one bit. At first I thought they were crooked, but it seems as though one of your ear lobes is slightly "thicker" than the other, and the post is at a slight slant. We've decided to just let it be for now. According to your pediatrician and the ladies who did the piercing, it most likely won't be a problem in the future.

On February 28th we took you to the zoo for the very first time and let you pet the goats. Your Daddy even set you on top of one! You liked petting him but you just kept staring at him like he was a big different-colored Charlie. That day you also sat in your stroller like a big girl for the very first time. I think you liked being able to see everything that was going on around you.

This month we added more baby food to your repertoire. In addition to applesauce and rice cereal, you are now eating bananas, pears, peas, sweet potatoes, and squash and you love them all. I tell you "No" when you blow raspberries with a full mouth, but in reality I think it's funny and I have to hide it so you don't see me laughing :)

Last week you met your Aunt Debbi for the first time! Aunt Debbi is Grammie's very best friend from high school and she lives about 5 hours away. She sent us beautiful flowers in the hospital when you were born and then Uncle David had to have 2 surgeries on his knees so she couldn't come visit earlier like she wanted.

You are a happy happy girl and everyone we meet agrees. You love to smile at people and you are becoming quite the little ham. You lean from side to side when new people are around (as long as they aren't trying to hold you) and give them a little show. You started doing this new little thing where you scrunch your nose up when you smile and laugh. I can't get enough of that big grin!!

That's about all I can think of at the moment, My Love.

Keep growing and stay healthy my sweet girl, but don't grow up too fast.
I love you with my whole heart!

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww, this was so sweet. She's getting so big, girl, and cuter every day. Love her big-girl pics, and that sweet scrunchy nose (you know I'm a fan of scrunchy noses) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy half birthday sweet Halle!!

    ReplyDelete