My Sweet Sugarplum,
You are 3 months old already. I can hardly believe that in the same amount of time that you were in my belly, you will be a year old! The 9 months I was pregnant with you went by so quickly and I know these next 9 months will fly by even quicker. Keeping that in mind I want to soak in every bit of every day, and not take any of this time for granted. You'll only be a baby for a short while...
So what have you been up to? Well, on November 20th you got your first set of shots and you did very well. You slept a little more that day but you didn't have a fever or anything. I was so relieved!
You now weigh 10 lbs 9.5 oz and you've JUST moved into size 1 diapers. I figured it was time because you were having more and more "accidents" where your diaper "overfloweth". 2 weeks ago we had one in the Best Buy parking lot where the poopy went all the way up your back to your neck! I usually carry an extra outfit but this time the only thing I had was an outfit that was a size 6 months I tried to exchange for a 3 month size but I couldn't. So we had to put the onesie from that outfit on you so you didn't ride home in just a diaper.
You've outgrown most of your newborn clothes now and are wearing 3 months even though they are still a little big. I usually have to roll the pants a couple times but it's better than wearing the newborn sizes and having your pants look like high-waters. Ha!
You celebrated your first holiday, Thanksgiving and looked darn cute too! You wore the Turkey bow I bought for you while you were still in my belly and as I looked at you wearing it I thought back to when I bought it, and how Thanksgiving seemed so far away then. Thanksgiving was also your first time away from me. We left you with Grammie and G-Dad and Emie that evening for an hour or so because we were going to go see a movie but it was sold out so we got some hot chocolate instead and rushed back to you.
You also went on your first road trip. The first weekend in December the Gators were playing Alabama in the SEC Championship in Atlanta and we really wanted to go but we wouldn't leave you so many hours away from us. So, we had Grammie and G-Dad go with us and they stayed in the hotel with you while Mommy and Daddy went to the game. I'm glad we didn't take you with us TO the game because I would have hated for your first game to have been a loss! The Gators may have lost but you looked very cute in your orange and blue from head to toe.
On our way home from Atlanta we stopped in Macon to see Mema, your Great-Grandmother, and you two met for the first time. I had a bottle leftover that I had pumped for you so we let Mema give it to you. I think you both enjoyed it :) Mema doesn't say much these days but she did tell me she liked your bow and all the other ladies were just oohing and ahhing over you. I think they were all a little jealous that you were Mema's Great-Grandbaby and not theirs!
You did so well in your carseat there and back. I think you were in your seat for a total of 12 hours in 2 days and you amazed us all with how good you were. Even in Atlanta traffic! You are my little go-go girl :)
You are smiling more and more and laughing even more than that. We're still waiting on that belly laugh though! You still hate tummy time and SCREAM every time I put you down for it. You love to "stand" and put weight on your legs and you started reaching for your feet while you're on your back and you found them already! You amaze me Little One, even your doctor says she doesn't normally see that until babies are around 6 months old. Your Daddy bought you a play mat to lay on and you've started grabbing the toys that dangle from it and the toys that hang from your bouncie seat. Your Daddy also bought you this little yellow stuffed fishy that hangs and you LOVE it! Wherever it's hanging, which is usually from your swing mobile, you just sit and stare at it and laugh and talk to it. We have a video of you "talking" to your teddy bear too!
I think it's safe to say you are definitely teething (even if it's just in the early stages) because you are drooling and spitting like crazy and sticking your whole fist in your mouth to gnaw on it.
You also got your first cold :( I got it first and even though I knew it was pretty much inevitable you'd get it, I tried to keep from infecting you but you got sick anyway :( You had a fever last week of 101.8 for a while and you were stuffy so I stripped you down and laid beside you all night while you slept in the swing. By the next morning your fever had broken and you've been getting better ever since except for being stuffy. The congestion seemed to be getting worse so I took you to the doctor to make sure you weren't getting RSV or pneumonia. The doctor said I just needed to keep sucking your nose out. Boy do you HATE that! You hate it more than tummy time and you slap at my hands when you see it coming.
The good news is you are definitely getting better and I'm praying you'll be completely over it by your first Christmas next week!
2009 has been the best year of my life simply because I've gotten to spend it with you my Love.
Keep growing and stay healthy my sweet girl but don't grow up too fast.
I love you with my whole heart!
Love, Mommy
You are 3 months old already. I can hardly believe that in the same amount of time that you were in my belly, you will be a year old! The 9 months I was pregnant with you went by so quickly and I know these next 9 months will fly by even quicker. Keeping that in mind I want to soak in every bit of every day, and not take any of this time for granted. You'll only be a baby for a short while...
So what have you been up to? Well, on November 20th you got your first set of shots and you did very well. You slept a little more that day but you didn't have a fever or anything. I was so relieved!
You now weigh 10 lbs 9.5 oz and you've JUST moved into size 1 diapers. I figured it was time because you were having more and more "accidents" where your diaper "overfloweth". 2 weeks ago we had one in the Best Buy parking lot where the poopy went all the way up your back to your neck! I usually carry an extra outfit but this time the only thing I had was an outfit that was a size 6 months I tried to exchange for a 3 month size but I couldn't. So we had to put the onesie from that outfit on you so you didn't ride home in just a diaper.
You've outgrown most of your newborn clothes now and are wearing 3 months even though they are still a little big. I usually have to roll the pants a couple times but it's better than wearing the newborn sizes and having your pants look like high-waters. Ha!
You celebrated your first holiday, Thanksgiving and looked darn cute too! You wore the Turkey bow I bought for you while you were still in my belly and as I looked at you wearing it I thought back to when I bought it, and how Thanksgiving seemed so far away then. Thanksgiving was also your first time away from me. We left you with Grammie and G-Dad and Emie that evening for an hour or so because we were going to go see a movie but it was sold out so we got some hot chocolate instead and rushed back to you.
You also went on your first road trip. The first weekend in December the Gators were playing Alabama in the SEC Championship in Atlanta and we really wanted to go but we wouldn't leave you so many hours away from us. So, we had Grammie and G-Dad go with us and they stayed in the hotel with you while Mommy and Daddy went to the game. I'm glad we didn't take you with us TO the game because I would have hated for your first game to have been a loss! The Gators may have lost but you looked very cute in your orange and blue from head to toe.
On our way home from Atlanta we stopped in Macon to see Mema, your Great-Grandmother, and you two met for the first time. I had a bottle leftover that I had pumped for you so we let Mema give it to you. I think you both enjoyed it :) Mema doesn't say much these days but she did tell me she liked your bow and all the other ladies were just oohing and ahhing over you. I think they were all a little jealous that you were Mema's Great-Grandbaby and not theirs!
You did so well in your carseat there and back. I think you were in your seat for a total of 12 hours in 2 days and you amazed us all with how good you were. Even in Atlanta traffic! You are my little go-go girl :)
You are smiling more and more and laughing even more than that. We're still waiting on that belly laugh though! You still hate tummy time and SCREAM every time I put you down for it. You love to "stand" and put weight on your legs and you started reaching for your feet while you're on your back and you found them already! You amaze me Little One, even your doctor says she doesn't normally see that until babies are around 6 months old. Your Daddy bought you a play mat to lay on and you've started grabbing the toys that dangle from it and the toys that hang from your bouncie seat. Your Daddy also bought you this little yellow stuffed fishy that hangs and you LOVE it! Wherever it's hanging, which is usually from your swing mobile, you just sit and stare at it and laugh and talk to it. We have a video of you "talking" to your teddy bear too!
I think it's safe to say you are definitely teething (even if it's just in the early stages) because you are drooling and spitting like crazy and sticking your whole fist in your mouth to gnaw on it.
You also got your first cold :( I got it first and even though I knew it was pretty much inevitable you'd get it, I tried to keep from infecting you but you got sick anyway :( You had a fever last week of 101.8 for a while and you were stuffy so I stripped you down and laid beside you all night while you slept in the swing. By the next morning your fever had broken and you've been getting better ever since except for being stuffy. The congestion seemed to be getting worse so I took you to the doctor to make sure you weren't getting RSV or pneumonia. The doctor said I just needed to keep sucking your nose out. Boy do you HATE that! You hate it more than tummy time and you slap at my hands when you see it coming.
The good news is you are definitely getting better and I'm praying you'll be completely over it by your first Christmas next week!
2009 has been the best year of my life simply because I've gotten to spend it with you my Love.
Keep growing and stay healthy my sweet girl but don't grow up too fast.
I love you with my whole heart!
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment