Sunday, August 23, 2009

Halle's Nursery

We started on the nursery the 1st weekend in June when I was 24 weeks. All the painting and trim work was done then but we've been adding things here and there along and along and while we still aren't 100% complete, I feel it's time to share!

Here is a sort of a before shot. This is actually after Hal primed over the yellow we had painted on the walls when this room was our office.

First coat of pink

2nd pink color
The beginnings of the green wall and trim
Hal putting the crib together...
And Charlie supervising...
Our Princess's Chandelier :)
There's a story behind those 2 bears. The darker scraggly one is one Hal and I made when we started dating over 8 years ago. His name is Mr. Scruffles and our plan was to make him Halle's 1st Teddy Bear. However, you might be able to tell from looking at him, but he's not very cuddly or soft anymore so when we went on our Babymoon to Savannah a couple weeks ago we made her a new one at Build-a-Bear. It has a newborn diaper on, bow's on her ears, and her shirt is going to be embroidered to say "Halle's 1st Teddy Bear"

The putting-together of the stroller
Again, Charlie checking everything out

I bought this frame more than a year ago. It says "Where there is great love, there are always miracles". Notice the little pumpkin hat the very talented Katie knitted for Halle :)
The crib is brand new but we found the dresser/changer and the chest of drawers on Craigslist for $90 each! It was a labor of love but we finally got them finished!
I found this little crystal knob at a little boutique in my town and I love it. I also love this little satchel Katie made!
Would you say the girl has some clothes? And I think we have enough diapers to last us about um, say a month? Most of these clothes are summer clothes because here is FL the fall things haven't been put out yet. So, there are some little outfits she may be able to wear this year but for the most part the onesies and sleepers she'll be sleeping in are washed and in her drawers waiting on her little booty to get here!
Her bedding isn't here yet and neither is the decal so I'll post another picture when this shot is complete. The crib kinda looks black in this picture but really it's an espresso color. Made by Baby Italia from BRU.
This is the little book box I made her
View from the doorway
The other finished piece and it has the lovely diaper cake Christen, Andrea, and Lauren made on it. I'm going to be moving it to the tall chest when I get the changing pad. The mirror in this picture is very special to me. My Mema & Papa (my mom's mom & dad) got me a vanity when I was younger and since Halle won't be needing the whole thing for a while, we just took the mirror off and had it refinished and hung it here for her. It's a very sentimental piece for me.

The top drawer of her chest of drawers. I love these knobs. They're from Anthropologie and I splurged on them because we got such a great deal on the pieces and plus I think they just add a specially touch of girlieness and femininity to the piece. I think total (not counting blood, sweat, & tears) we spent a total of $250 combined on both pieces. Not bad considering the matching pieces for the crib were something like $599 and $799 each!

Teddy helped us adjust the straps in the carseat.
Carseat and hospital bag (almost) ready to go!
I can't believe our due date is 1 month from today!


6 comments:

  1. OMG!!! It's beautiful!!!! Great job mom and dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the pictures, you guys did a great job. The crib is beautiful! Very classy, especially with the light fixture in her room. So cute! I think you've got enough diapers to last you more than a month. ;) I oughta know, being the queen of stock piling and all...I ended up with several extra in each size. I was then fired from diaper stockpiling for a few months. ;) Of all the sizes, the newborn size was the only one I had to go buy extra! Can't wait to see your precious girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little bear is so cute. She's going to love it. ...and her room looks way nicer than any room I've ever had in my entire life, she's lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my SIL Jenn Cockerham was showing me your blog (and the nursery) on her computer the other night and we were both in awe at how beautiful it is! Great job........and congrats on your much-deserved precious baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete