And here's where we stand right now:We didn't copy the inspiration photo completely, but I just fell in love with it so we pretty much did the same thing. The inspiration photo was light pink on top and white on the bottom. I'm not the brave and already see her using her white chest has a blank canvas for an art project! So, we painted the top a light pink (Southern Dawn) and the bottom a darker pink that is somewhat peachy in it's own right (Watermelon). Hal put up all the moulding and did all the painting about 3 weeks ago. I know, I know. I should have posted sooner!
Being Miss Type A Personality, I wanted to wait until it was done 100% before doing the unveiling. However, I've realized that won't be for a few more weeks.
Mainly, we still have to finish painting the trim (the guy is supposed to come tomorrow... we'll see...), and finish refinishing the dresser and chest/changing table we found on Craigslist. They were partially done, but you could tell the people got tired after a short while and then just roughly sanded them and then spray painted them. YIKES.
But, they are both real, solid wood and we got them for $90 a piece. I consider that a steal! Especially considering the pieces that matched the crib at Babies R Us were $699 & $899.
Other things on the list are:
*Hang Chandelier
*Order and put up decal over the crib
*Hang mirror
*Hang shelves
*Hang picture frames
*Put up wood blinds
*Tint the window
*Finish cleaning out the closet
My mom and I are also going to make 2 memory boards for her walls, I'm making her a book holder, and I am also planning on making her a bow holder. I love the ones on Etsy but didn't want to pay $20 + S&H!
So... whatcha think?
Monday, June 22, 2009
Nursery Progress Sneak Peek
Before: (our desk actually used to sit under that picture)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on passing the GD test :)
Hugs,
Amanda
I LOVE IT!!! SO SO pretty!!! Can't wait to see more, lol! I think this was one of my favorite things!
ReplyDelete