Friday, April 16, 2010

Halle is 7 Months!


Sweet Halle Grace~


You are 7 months now and this was a BIG month for you! You did so many new things, and it's getting harder and harder to think of you as a baby. You have SUCH a spunky personality that I think of you more and more as a little girl instead of a wittle bebe.


Just about as soon as I finished writing your 6 month letter, you decided to roll ONTO your belly, FINALLY! You literally just woke up one morning (March 22nd to be exact) and decided that was the day you would roll to your belly and you've been doing it ever since, no looking back.


The last week of March we took you to the beach for the first time and let you put your feet in the ocean. Some people NEVER get to do that their whole lives and you did at 6 1/2 months :) After the beach we ate lunch at Sticky Fingers and after wiping it down thoroughly with Wet Ones, you sat in the restaurant high chair for the first time. You loved it! Now wherever we go we let you sit in the big girl high chair instead of your baby seat so you can sit up and look around and be involved in the conversation at the table. Oh my big girl..


At the end of March you met the Easter Bunny for the first time and we were anxious to see how you would react to him... Well, his fur looked like Charlie's, and you love Charlie so much that I think it's needless to say that you were completely intrigued by him. You were petting his hands like you pet Charlie. No tears!


So far April has been busy busy. The first weekend was Easter. The Saturday before Aunt Chelly and Peyton were in town for a quick visit so we met up with them at Starbucks for some girl talk. It was a short get together but much needed. Then we went to Logan's 5th birthday party. Logan and Riley have a lot of cool toys! We put you on the little tractor and in a car and you had a ball. You just rode around and around waving at everyone and smiling and even honking the horn! We've since tried to find you a car like that but they don't sell them anymore :( Until we can find something Mrs. Andrea let us borrow one of theirs so you can enjoy it at home. We go for a walk and you ride in it almost every day!


Easter morning we took pictures of you in your "Easter Egg" pj's while you checked out all your goodies in your basket. There was a card from your Daddy and I, a book called "Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter", and 4 Disney movies: Pinochio, The Princess and the Frog, Alice in Wonderland, and The Jungle Book. Grammie got you your first purse complete with a cell phone that rings and a cushy compact and Nana got you a big pink bunny. Easter baskets are fun and all that's not what Easter is about. I read you the Easter story and I can't wait for when you can inderstand the MIRACLE that is Easter... that Jesus died for US and rose from the dead 3 days later just like He said He would. Because He took all of our sins to the cross and then overwhelmed the grave, we can live with Him forever in Heaven! Uncle Robbie & Aunt Yumi went to church with us and that was the first morning I had to take you out of the service and sit with you in the "cry room". However, you weren't crying... You wanted to sing! When the choir and congregation was singing we let you just "sing" until your heart was content because you blended in with everyone else's voices... The problem was that you wanted to sing when the preacher was preaching. It was fine though. We listened from the side room and had a little photo session because I wanted plenty of pictures of you in your beautiful Easter dress!


The next day Uncle Robbie, Aunt Yumi, Lainie, Riley, Gavin, Daddy, you, and I all went to the zoo. We were there for a loooong time. You took 2 naps! You enjoyed it though and we will be going back quite a bit this summer.


Your food palate is ever expanding and this month we added strawberries, pineapples, oatmeal, and vanilla custard pudding to your menu. So far so good but I still have to hide the oatmeal/cereal in a fruit because you really don't like it. I think it's the texture you find so icky.



You are moving all over the place now, and mostly backwards. You have gotten the method of pushing yourself backwards down pat. Now we just need you to learn how to get up on your knees and move forwards.


And now, for the latest and greatest development...



On April 12th you said your first word! You said...



...


...


...


...


...


MAMA!! I can't tell you how that made my heart smile :D That same day, I noticed something scratched me while we were nursing. Low and behold, your first tooth (bottom left) had just barely broken through the skin. THEN, the very next day you said DADDA!



You had a HUGE month, and a HUGE week this week! And on that note, I'll close this letter.


Keep growing and stay healthy my sweet girl, but don't grow up too fast.


I love you SO SO much!


Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment